LibO 4.2.0.0beta2 can't launch internal help

r_ouellette ray.ouellette at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 4 19:45:21 PST 2013

I had the same behavior with 4.2.0.0 beta1. Right now I'm using:
Version: 4.2.0.0.beta2
Build ID: 1a27be92e320f97c20d581a69ef1c8b99ea9885d

64 bits, Ubuntu-Linux 13.10. I installed also the two french tar.gz packages
for localisation and for help. A few strings don't appear in french (mostly
in the Options Menu for settings). But my main concern is the fact that I
can't launch the internal help, only the web version opens. The french help
is correctly installed and visible in /opt/libreoffice4.2/help/fr. I double
checked with a LibO 4.1 working installation and the 4.2 installation seems
similar...

The internal help is very useful, very complete and, most of all, can be
accessed without an Internet connection.

I tried to find in different settings files to correct this behavior :-( but
no success...

Someone has a hint?

Raymond