LibO 4.2.0.0beta2 can't launch internal help

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 00:50:53 PST 2013

Hi Raymond,
Le 05/12/2013 04:45, r_ouellette a écrit :
> I had the same behavior with 4.2.0.0 beta1. Right now I'm using:
> Version: 4.2.0.0.beta2
> Build ID: 1a27be92e320f97c20d581a69ef1c8b99ea9885d

You're mail would have more answers on a users list or the qa list.

> 64 bits, Ubuntu-Linux 13.10. I installed also the two french tar.gz packages
> for localisation and for help. A few strings don't appear in french (mostly
> in the Options Menu for settings). But my main concern is the fact that I
> can't launch the internal help, only the web version opens. The french help
> is correctly installed and visible in /opt/libreoffice4.2/help/fr. I double
> checked with a LibO 4.1 working installation and the 4.2 installation seems
> similar...

The French localization is not over, so not integrated yet. If you want
to test the 4.2.0 beta versions, I recommend you don't install the
languages pack as they can show errors.

> The internal help is very useful, very complete and, most of all, can be
> accessed without an Internet connection.
>
> I tried to find in different settings files to correct this behavior :-( but
> no success...
>
> Someone has a hint?

This is a bug that was discussed on the qa list.

Kind regards
Sophie