Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 14:03:43 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 3:11 AM, Amul Mehta <mht.amul at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all ,
> I am a 2nd year Computer Science undergraduate student. The work you people
> do sounds extremely fascinating and interesting !! .
> I am very much interested in contributing code to the Libre Office project.
> Can someone just give me a brief overview of how to proceed ?.

First thing first https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development
take a look there follow some links...

The very first thing you want to achieve is to build the product yourself.

Then as indicated in other posts take a look at the EasyHacks to find
some task that seems suitable to you...
You can also try the route of browsing our bugzilla and find bugs that
you feel like trying to fix... I suspect that may be a bit harder at
first, but that can be quite rewarding too :-)

Make sure you familiarized yourself with gerrit (
http://gerrit.libreoffice.org ) as this is the preferred way to submit
patches...
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/Documentation/intro-quick.html give a
nice overview of gerrit and how to use it.

If you are not familiar with git, you may also want to google for some
introduction to it.. there are plenty of
resource/manual/video/presentation etc.. on gerrit. you are bound to
find one that explains it in a way that is clear to you :-)

Welcome to LibreOffice and Have fun :-)

Norbert