Contributing a hyphen dictionary for Bahasa Melayu/Malay

Bashirah Mazuki bashirah.mazuki at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 06:21:04 PST 2013

Update.

File: clean pattern file:
http://pastebin.com/4qF2dh6s

File: working file with notes:
http://pastebin.com/9v8L9WQj

Akhiran -i dan apitan meN-i
-i suffixes and meN-i circumfix
all possible particles and possessive pronoun combination

What these do:
remove certain hyphens on words that ended with the letter i and those that takes the suffix -i and circumfix meN-i
example:
   1) me-ra-wat-i-nya > me-ra-wati-nya
2) be-ra-ni-nya > be-rani-nya
This should not affect words that end with the letter i that takes the suffix -kan and circumfix meN-kan
example
   1) be-ra-ni-kan > be-ra-ni-kan.

This is not the ideal solution, that requires a word list of all words that would take the -i and meN-i affixes and/or a word list of words that ended with the letter i. But it should work. (Theoretically. Need testing).