callgrind metrics was: Re: minutes of ESC call ...

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at collabora.com
Wed Dec 11 06:55:50 PST 2013

On Sat, 2013-12-07 at 12:08 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > What files should it test ?
> > Currently it's empty.ods, empty.odt, and sample.xlsx - just some numbers
> > in there.
>
> 	I guess we should get QA to create some small files with a chart, a
> small image, a bit of text attributes, bold, italic etc.

Sounds good, how to achieve this? :-)
Anyone with commit access can just push documents to
buildbot.git/loperf/docs and they will be automatically tested.

> 	I'd be happy if we only ran one performance test cycle each eight hours
> - you see how stable the results are :-) so - I'd be eager to have some
> larger documents so we can catch new N^2ds that creep in [ the most
> common cause of grief ], so some 10k row spreadsheets, and some 100 page
> documents would be good.

right, makes sense

> 	I guess we should also have import (and ideally export ;-) of all our
> major formats. So - it looks beautiful - any chance to make it slower &
> more comprehensive ? [ build less, and test more ].

Ok, so I've added --convert-to option which hopefully helps to achieve
this.
It just needs more documents.
I might add some random files there.

> > Where should I upload this history.csv ? Post to the list once in
> > a week, or..?
>
> 	Having it available on-line would be cool; ideally as flat-odf ;-)
> [ saves a bit of import time ], and we'll graph it.

Did you mean .fods ?
It does produce .fods now too.
It's in http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/callgrind_report/

Best,