callgrind metrics was: Re: minutes of ESC call ...

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 07:19:30 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Matúš Kukan <matus.kukan at collabora.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-12-07 at 12:08 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
>> > What files should it test ?
>> > Currently it's empty.ods, empty.odt, and sample.xlsx - just some numbers
>> > in there.
>>
>>       I guess we should get QA to create some small files with a chart, a
>> small image, a bit of text attributes, bold, italic etc.

Sure, QA can assemble/make up a set of some test docs. We can try to
assemble documents created in other applications, if preferable (and
if we can find them :-)

> Sounds good, how to achieve this? :-)
> Anyone with commit access can just push documents to
> buildbot.git/loperf/docs and they will be automatically tested.

>> - you see how stable the results are :-) so - I'd be eager to have some
>> larger documents so we can catch new N^2ds that creep in [ the most
>> common cause of grief ], so some 10k row spreadsheets, and some 100 page
>> documents would be good.

The buildbot repo is pretty small right now, which can be useful. How
much test data total are we thinking about adding to it?  (maybe a
separate repo for test documents could be useful beyond perf testing)

Thanks,
--R