callgrind metrics was: Re: minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Wed Dec 11 07:52:10 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 10:19 -0500, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> The buildbot repo is pretty small right now, which can be useful. How
> much test data total are we thinking about adding to it?  (maybe a
> separate repo for test documents could be useful beyond perf testing)

	Well - big documents don't have to be 100's of Mb large; the zip
compression helps a lot for spreadsheets at least. Also - if we're going
to load them into a LibreOffice 100x slower than real-time, we should
prolly make sure we don't have too many that are too large -
particularly if we want to compare filter performance by having the same
files in multiple formats =)

	But it'd be awesome to have help from QA constructing some initially:
but when made, we want to ~permanently freeze the documents so we can
compare LibreOffice over the long term without changes there.

	Matus - out of interest - are we still timing / charting startup ? I'd
love to see 2x measurements there if possible: first the "first ever
start" where we do a ton of UNO / component bootstrapping and then also
a second start =)

	HTH,

		Michael.

--