[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Migration: Abbreviation to replace fdo#12345

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 03:28:13 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 01:51:11PM +0100, Joren DC <jorendc at libreoffice.org> wrote:
>> What about lbz, which is a combination of our 2 top-votes (lo and lobz)?
>> lbz was also one of the choises, but it looks like a golden midway
>> between the top votes :)?
>
> I don't really want to get involved in this bikesheding, but if there
> was a vote at a QA meeting, it sounds unfair to me take the result of
> that into this list and start arguing against its result.

Given that the top two choices (lo and lobz) were separated by only 1
vote and were both far ahead of the other options, suggesting a
compromise seems like a reasonable action.

> Why would
> anyone cast his/her vote seriously next time, if the result of the vote
> is not respected?

I believe the vote is being respected, but I don't want to get into
that here. As many have said, we're just bikeshedding here. I
apologize for drawing out this discussion on the dev list for so long
-- I'll take this discussion back to the QA list.

Cheers,
--R