Gerrit question for the "v.4.0 Release" webpage

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:43:21 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> wrote:
> We have added the gerrit section of the release notes page to the website
> "4.0 Release Notes" page[1] but one of the nl site maintainers has pointed
> out that the section:
>

> ssh logerrit gerrit query status:merged|grep change|wc -l for number of
> merged patches
>
> will not allow a user to see any changes as you need the right user
> permissions to do this?

Yes you need the right ACL to run that command.

> Or should there be more clearer instructions on how
> to get to the number of merged patches on gerrit for a user to get to?

There is no such instructions available to 'user' in general, as there
is no easy way to get that number.
Nor do I want even people that have the appropiate ACL, running the
query above randomly, as that is quite an expensive query both in
bandwidth and cache-trashing.

Norbert.