Adding/modifying UI strings

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Feb 5 10:48:35 PST 2013

Hi Luboš,

Lubos Lunak píše v Út 05. 02. 2013 v 18:58 +0100:

>  do we have somewhere documentation on how UI strings are handled?

We still have them in the .src files, is that what you are asking?  IIRC
they were not moved to .ui files yet.  I am not aware of any
documentation of this :-(

In your particular case, I think you want to add a String RID_something
in the svx/source/tbxctrls/tbcontrl.src, similar to the others that are
already there.

>  Specifically, I'd like to do something like in the attachment, adjusting the
> tooltip for the font combo in the toolbar. Its tooltip text is hardcoded in
> officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/GenericCommands.xcu . How do
> I get the UI strings for the usage in the code (i.e. including l10n) and,
> since I assume that includes removing it from the .xcu file, will something
> else be affected by that?

I'd let it in the .xcu too, the small duplication is not a real problem,
the existing translation will be offered as a fuzzy translation during
the next translation update.

Regards,
Kendy