[comment libreoffice-4-0] API CHANGE: unpublish com.sun.star.document.MediaDescriptor.

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 07:17:29 PST 2013

On 02/07/2013 03:17 PM, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> Moving this to the list.  I need some clarification.
>
> On 02/07/2013 08:38 AM, Stephan Bergmann (via Code Review) wrote:
>> Stephan Bergmann has posted comments on this change.
>>
>> Change subject: API CHANGE: unpublish
>> com.sun.star.document.MediaDescriptor.
>>

>> Patch Set 1: I would prefer that you didn't submit this
>>
>> I would suggest to restrict API changes to major/minor releases as
>> much as possible.
>
> Sure, but we really *need* this change.

How is that specific change (which just takes away a "published") in
isolation needed now on libreoffice-4.0?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against unpublishing that old-style
"documentation only" service at all (I wouldn't even be opposed to
changing it while it was still marked published, if there is need for
that).  I just doubt it is useful to make this "announcement" in a micro
release.  (We will want to keep a track of what incompatible changes
were made when, and things will be kept simpler if we try to keep such
changes to x.y.0 releases.)

>    (It is already committed to master towards LO 4.1 anyway AFAIU,
> though the commit message lacks a "cherry-picked from" reference.)
>
> And I'm confused about this comment.  Are we now required to include
> "cherry-picked form" in each cherry-picked commit?  I hope not.

I think using "cherry-pick -x" to get that comment added doesn't hurt
(though it's sure no big thing if one forgets specifying that "-x" either).

Stephan