[libreoffice-dev] -calling a service function from BASIC macro

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 01:56:45 PST 2013

On 02/08/2013 12:47 AM, Rai, Neeraj wrote:
> I am having trouble trying to wrap UNO function call in BASIC macro.
> I got the macro from the following SimpleCalcAddin example.
> _http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/SimpleCalcAddIn#Building_.26_Testing_
> 1.      mgr = getProcessServiceManager()
> 2.       o = mgr.createInstance("org.openoffice.sheet.addin.CalcAddinSock")
> 3.       o.startThr()
> (where my idl service returned by getServiceName() is
> org.openoffice.sheet.addin.CalcAddinSock
>          and it defines a function startThr)
> I can call the funciton startThr() using "=" in the spread sheet.
> Also, the original example RNG is callable from macro by following the
> example.

So the org.openoffice.sheet.addin.CalcAddinSock service you specified
implements a new UNO interface that you added (and which has a method
startThr), right?  Did you bundle in your extension a types.rdb that
contains the information about that new interface?  Helping you would
probably be easiest if you gave the full source code of your extension,
along with short instructions how to build it (e.g., "call make from
within a configured LO SDK environment").

Stephan