[libreoffice-dev] -calling a service function from BASIC macro

Rai, Neeraj neeraj.rai at citi.com
Fri Feb 8 07:08:16 PST 2013

Hi Stephan,

Appreciate you taking time to debug this.

> So the org.openoffice.sheet.addin.CalcAddinSock service you specified
> implements a new UNO interface that you added (and which has a method
> startThr), right?
Yes.

> Did you bundle in your extension a types.rdb that
> contains the information about that new interface?
No. But tried to change fundamentalrc SERVICE/TYPES rows to add $ORIGIN/CalcAddinThr.rdb.  scalc complained about duplicate entry.
I assumed that installing the extension informs scalc about my rdb. Maybe not?
        I know about CORBA at conceptual level and how UNO works almost like CORBA just better.
        I don't understand how the unopkg and .rdb achieve that theory. Specifically, where types.rdb fits.
        I thought maybe unopkg add is similar to adding in types.rdb ?

>> Helping you would probably be easiest if you gave the full source code of your extension,
> along with short instructions how to build it (e.g., "call make from
> within a configured LO SDK environment").

attaching the code, makefile, and readme with instructions. to extract :
tar -zxvf CalcAddinThr.tgz

Thanks
Neeraj