Cppcheck reports 'nMaxWidth' is assigned a value never used (svtools module)

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 12 08:13:50 PST 2013

Hello,

Cppcheck reports this:
svtools/source/dialogs/filedlg2.cxx
558	unreadVariable	style	Variable 'nMaxWidth' is assigned a value that is
never used.

    544     if( nMaxWidth > aSize.Width() )
    545     {
    546         Size aDlgSize = GetPathDialog()->GetOutputSizePixel();
    547         GetPathDialog()->SetOutputSizePixel( Size(
aDlgSize.Width()+nMaxWidth-aSize.Width(), aDlgSize.Height() ) );
    548         aSize.Width() = nMaxWidth;
    549
    550         if( pOkBtn )
    551             pOkBtn->SetSizePixel( aSize );
    552         if( pCancelBtn )
    553             pCancelBtn->SetSizePixel( aSize );
    554         if( pLoadBtn )
    555             pLoadBtn->SetSizePixel( aSize );
    556     }
    557     else
    558         nMaxWidth = aSize.Width();

see
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svtools/source/dialogs/filedlg2.cxx#544

Any idea what should be done with this?

Remark:
By trying to understand this, I wondered how come line 548 was ok, then I
noticed these lines in tools/inc/tools/gen.hxx:
long            Width() const  { return nA; }
long&            Width() const  { return nA; }
I must recognize I don't understand the interest since there's a setWidth
function

Julien