Cppcheck reports 'nMaxWidth' is assigned a value never used (svtools module)

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 03:58:18 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 08:13 -0800, julien2412 wrote:
>     544     if( nMaxWidth > aSize.Width() )
>     545     {
>     546         Size aDlgSize = GetPathDialog()->GetOutputSizePixel();
>     547         GetPathDialog()->SetOutputSizePixel( Size(
> aDlgSize.Width()+nMaxWidth-aSize.Width(), aDlgSize.Height() ) );
>     548         aSize.Width() = nMaxWidth;
>     549
>     550         if( pOkBtn )
>     551             pOkBtn->SetSizePixel( aSize );
>     552         if( pCancelBtn )
>     553             pCancelBtn->SetSizePixel( aSize );
>     554         if( pLoadBtn )
>     555             pLoadBtn->SetSizePixel( aSize );
>     556     }
>     557     else
>     558         nMaxWidth = aSize.Width();
>
> see
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svtools/source/dialogs/filedlg2.cxx#544
>
> Any idea what should be done with this?

It's another "been like this since day 0", go ahead and remove the
does-nothing else branch. (The exciting manual move of widgets around
and determination of the size etc can all eventually go if it gets
converted to the widget layout stuff)

> I noticed these lines in tools/inc/tools/gen.hxx:
> long            Width() const  { return nA; }
> long&            Width() const  { return nA; }
> I must recognize I don't understand the interest since there's a setWidth
> function

and setWidth just calls the second Width() variant. I can only speculate
it was an ancient abandoned incremental cleanup effort to remove one or
the other.

C.