Cppcheck: 'bMark' is assigned a value never used (sc module)

Riccardo Magliocchetti riccardo.magliocchetti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 08:21:05 PST 2013

Hello,

Il 13/02/2013 15:24, julien2412 ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> Cppcheck reported this:
> sc/source/ui/view/tabview2.cxx
> 970	unreadVariable	style	Variable 'bMark' is assigned a value that is never
> used.    951 void ScTabView::PaintBlock( bool bReset )
[snip]

> See
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sc/source/ui/view/tabview2.cxx#950
>
> Is line 970 can be removed or is something lacking?

It looks to me like this and other cppcheck errors you have reported on
list follow the pattern "let's update the variable because in theory if
i ever need to use it again the old value would be wrong". But practice
is a different matter :)

Also while we are speaking about code checkers is anyone looking at
coverity scan? On a couple of projects I've found it reporting ten time
the errors reported by cppcheck.

thanks,
riccardo