Native Numbers in ComboBox

Zolnai Tamás zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 08:14:05 PST 2013

Hi all,

   I've got some question about usage of native numbers (i.e Hindi,
Japanise, Chinese numbers) related with a new feature. This new feature is
a new toolbar element, a ComboBox, which contains numbers. I tried to make
this item to use natvie numbers not just ascii digits. So this solution
allow users to type in such numbers if the locale is "special", but in this
case ascii digits are not allowable. So the question is that using native
numbers in such UI element is worthy and with locking out ascii numbers
this feature will be useable or not?
   This feature has already been sent to review, but taking notice of the
long reviewing time, I thought the times comes to turn to such person who
is experienced in such problems and can answer these questions or add some
advices.
The patch: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/1994/
The code using native numbers: limitboxcontroller.hxx\cxx - LimitBox class

Best Regards,
Zolnai Tamás