Configure.ac questions

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 11:03:48 PST 2013

On 16/02/13 23:36, Mat M wrote:

> in configure, we define WPS_CFLAGS (MS Works import lib). It is used in
> RepositoryExternal.mk, in gb_LinkTarget__use_wps
> when I git grep this function, I found it nowhere else. A recursive grep
> on a not-clean repo did not give more impact.
> Does it imply that it is not used anymore or is ther an hidden feature
> somewhere ?

it's not hidden, just underdocumented :-/

it defines a "wps" external, used in writerperfect/Library_wpftwriter.mk

  $(eval $(call gb_Library_use_externals,wpftwriter,\
	boost_headers \
	wpd \
	wpg \
	wps \
  ))

see the definition in LinkTarget.mk:

  # this forwards to functions that must be defined in
RepositoryExternal.mk.
  # $(eval $(call gb_LinkTarget_use_external,library,external))
  define gb_LinkTarget_use_external
  $(if $(filter undefined,$(origin gb_LinkTarget__use_$(2))),\
    $(error gb_LinkTarget_use_external: unknown external: $(2)),\
    $(call gb_LinkTarget__use_$(2),$(1)))
  endef