Show module dependencies

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 01:52:11 PST 2013

With the need for dmake and build.pl almost gone, I assume that we will
want to dump */prj/build.lst files and expressing inter-module
dependencies via them, too.  That leaves the question how we want to be
able to track inter-module dependencies in the future.  Specifically,
what I am looking for is a command (e.g., make target) to show all the
modules that some given module depends on, to help me decide into which
module to put newly developed functionality.  (Even if this information
were no longer relevant for gbuild---what is the future story of "make
<module>.all"?---we will IMO nevertheless want to keep module
dependencies from turning into a cyclic ball.)

(Btw, top-level "make help" advertises "showdeliverables" and
"showmodules" targets, the latter of which looks relevant here, but
neither of them works.)

Stephan