[libreoffice-accessibility] introduction

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 04:49:54 PST 2013

Hi :)
If you are not sure if someone is subscribed to a list you can always include them in the CC or To fields to make sure they do get the message so i have put Jonathan in the To field so he gets to see the thread so far.

I also found this quote from the Users List
"
From: Samuel Mehrbrodt <s.mehrbrodt at gmail.com>
To: <users at global.libreoffice.org>

Hi,

Do you have a favorite bug you want to get solved, but cannot do it
yourself? You would even pay some money, but cannot contract a Company
for this?

Here's a simple way how to do this, thanks to www.freedomsponsors.org
<http://www.freedomsponsors.org>

1. Login on www.freedomsponsors.org <http://www.freedomsponsors.org>
2. Copy the URL from Bugzilla and Sponsor it in FreedomSponsors!
3. Enter the amount you are willing to pay and publish the Issue
4. You'll get notified when someone solves the bug so you can pay him

Your advantage is, that you have to pay only when the Issue has been
resolved, so there is no risk with that. Payments are done via Paypal.
Others can join and add their offer to the bug.

Here
<http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/?s=&project_id=149&project_name=LibreOffice>
are some existing LibreOffice Issues, if you want to support them.

All the best,
Samuel
"

(thanks to Hylton)

I'm not sure if it helps but it might be a good route.

Is it time-effective to fix bugs with the current java-based system when the rest of the project is moving away from Java on the grounds that Java keeps breaking down or having serious problems?  Is it possible to use funding to kick-start a re-write in Python or C++ or something?   Is there funding?

Regards from
Tom :)