The new template manager and document macros

Niklas Johansson sleeping.pillow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:53:51 PST 2013

Hi, I'm trying to look into an issue with the new template manager. The
new manager doesn't respect macro security settings and always opens
every document with macros disabled. If I've read the code correctly I
believe that the old code used a dispatch to open the templates while
the new implementation uses loadComponentFromURL.

The dispatch service takes care of checking macro security etc while you
need to explicitly tell loadComponentFromURL if macros should be
allowed. I did do a simple test building MacroExcecutionMode set to
USE_CONFIG which didn't really have any effect (probably me messing
something up). Something that did give effect was setting the same value
to ALWAYS_EXECUTE_NO_WARN, but sadly that isn't what we want either.

Basically I want to know if you think it would be a good idea to go back
to a dispatch type of handling or not. I'm a bit worried that it might
mess with the CMIS integration.

I believe this is the new method that opens templates
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sfx2/source/doc/templatedlg.cxx#673

I believe this was the method (which also took care of the previewing
templates in the manager)
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svtools/source/contnr/templwin.cxx#685

--
Thanks, for any guidence