Crash with gnome#627420-1.ods in string related function

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:11:32 PST 2013

2013/1/3 Noel Grandin <noelgrandin at gmail.com>:
> We could throw a StringAllocationFailed exception, and catch it near the
> bottom if the import process, and use that to indicate that the document is
> corrupt.

The document is not corrupt. IT is perfectly fine, the problem is
either in our import code, which just misses sanity checks for quite a
lot of input, or in the string class which can't handle with such
situations at all. Since we have quite a lot of these places in the
import code it might be better to find a solution in the string
class.'m not sure if

I'm not sure if throwing an exception is a good idea in this case as
this might result in exceptions in constructors and even worse in
destructors. It might be a solution to return an empty string or
something like that in these cases or something like that and log it
in a dbgutil build.