Doing massive source changes

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:59:07 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:

> so this hopefully should be safe, but most of
> the changes have been done using sed, so there may be something that I've
> missed

Well that is the crux of it isn't it ?
Although the risk per change is small, with that many changes there
are indeed a substantial chance somewhere of problems...
and the only option is to revert it all... there is no practical means
to narrow down where the problem might come from.
that could be annoying enough in master... but on 4-0, after freeze
and that close from planned release... I'm not wild about that.

Norbert

PS: a quick scrip on git log master..libreoffice-4-0-0.beta2 indicate
that, out of all the 277 patch specifc to the 4.0 branch, 39 have
touched line that contained 'rtl::' and therefore _could_ be in
conflict... iow at most 1 in 5
considering that back-porting should be already made with caution and
attentive review, running git mergetool on these to resolve these
fairly straight forward conflict should not be too much over-head
overall.