Doing massive source changes

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Sat Jan 5 03:09:40 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 15:12 +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> The patch specifically is string rtl:: prefix removal.

	 Nice work ! :-)

> - wait until before 4-1 branch-off (or do not do such a big change at all) -
> this would mean there still would be these changes done in small bits by
> other people (including the gerrit review overhead)

	I'd be concerned about doing this on the the -4-0 branch; it also makes
it hard to see what changed there now we're frozen in a given module
between two git hashes.

	Having said that - it is something we really want to do; can we drop
the published easy hack bug in this regard (or just close it) to avoid
the drip of patches there ?

	I suggest we do it at a similar time to Norbert's onegit - ie. around
the 4.0.2 release or so - when the cross-branch cherry-picking starts to
reduce in frequency.

	Thanks,

		Michael.