[Libreoffice-ux-advise] LATE FEATURE: Personas in LibreOffice

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Jan 18 01:03:43 PST 2013

Hi Michel,

Michel Renon píše v St 09. 01. 2013 v 18:15 +0100:

> May i make some suggestions on the pref panel ?
> - why not keep the "own image" to select an image in local hd ?
> - if i understand ok (images and personas are exclusive), we can have
> the choices :
>       *Toolbar background*
>         O Default
>         O Image                  <Select Image...>
>         O Firefox Persona        <Select Persona...>
>
> 	(I renamed "own image" to "Image")

I've updated the wording there already based on the Astron's suggestions
- I hope it works for you too?

> - would it be possible to add a preview of image/persona ?
> and a status text if there is an error (error loading image, error
>  From a user pov, it's an expected feed-back before validating.

Very good idea - unfortunately more for 4.1, it's too late to do it now.
I'll keep it in mind, thank you!

> - to be complete, LO should keep the path of image/url of persona, and
> show it below the preview ; and the url should be entered automatically
> in the persona dialog.

I am not sure if it is useful to pre-file the current URL in the Persona
dialog - it is supposed to be only a place to be pasted with the URL, no
real editing, so...

But showing the current Persona's URL might be good, indeed.

All the best,
Kendy