[PUSHED] fdo#59101 - [Feature Request] Make Find hotkey (Ctrl+F) a to...

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:20:41 PST 2013

Samuel Mehrbrodt-2 wrote
> Do we really want Ctl+F to be a toggle command? I would expect Ctl+F to
> always open the Findbar, and if it's already open, put the cursor in the
> search field (that's what Firefox e.g. also does)

It already does all that ;) If you leave it open, pressing Ctrl+F puts focus
on the input box.

You may argue that having Ctrl+F as a toggle function is redundant since Esc
already dismisses it, but this way it behaves like the Find dialog in MS
Office (activate with Ctrl+F, dismiss with Esc) and like the one in
OpenOffice (activate with Ctrl+F, dismiss with Ctrl+F or Esc)

So I would say it makes sense to keep it (but I'm suspicious because I made
the request :) )

Pedro