GDB - Can I See Every Symbol Called?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Sat Jan 26 03:25:09 PST 2013

Hi Joel,

On Fri, 2013-01-25 at 15:13 -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
> I've finally gotten comfortable with gdb as far as break points and
> what not. What I want to know is if there is a way for me to see all
> symbols called during a given run of soffice.

	Not that I know of :-)

>  Getting a log that shows every symbol called would allow me to
> compare to runs of libreoffice, one where I push "Ok" the other where
> I push "Cancel".

	True - on the other hand - if you have a dialog - probably it is run
inside an 'Execute' method that (hopefully) is close in the code to
where ok/cancel would be different: ie. the return parameter (or some
such associated with it) from that Execute method is prolly what you
want to follow.

	It is possible that using 'ltrace' would show you something useful -
though you'd prolly want to pipe the output through c++filt - but I've
never had much joy with ltrace for whatever reason.

	HTH,

		Michael.