GDB - Can I See Every Symbol Called?

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 21:49:26 PST 2013

On 01/26/2013 03:25 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> On Fri, 2013-01-25 at 15:13 -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
>> I've finally gotten comfortable with gdb as far as break points and
>> what not. What I want to know is if there is a way for me to see all
>> symbols called during a given run of soffice.
> 	Not that I know of :-)
>
>>   Getting a log that shows every symbol called would allow me to
>> compare to runs of libreoffice, one where I push "Ok" the other where
>> I push "Cancel".
> 	True - on the other hand - if you have a dialog - probably it is run
> inside an 'Execute' method that (hopefully) is close in the code to
> where ok/cancel would be different: ie. the return parameter (or some
> such associated with it) from that Execute method is prolly what you
> want to follow.

It is the print dialog so I think some strange stuff is happening. Joren
and I have been working on this and basically we are confident that:

static void lcl_SavePrintUIOptionsToDocumentPrintData

is what is saving print options and that it's being called regardless of
if cancel or ok is being pushed (no good). So I'm trying to track down
something that is only called when Cancel is pushed so that I can move
the above function elsewhere. But unfortunately I can't use gdb for the
above function -- no clue why but it never appears to work with breaks).

The file in question is sw/source/ui/uno/unotxdoc.cxx

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Joel