Gerrit Watched Changes

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 07:16:37 PDT 2013

Hi,

Thanks to David who debugged what's going on in Gerrit with watched
changes that contain a file:^regex rule (it never worked for me with
something like file:^sc/ ) I'm now happy with a slight but important
modification: the expression, unlike other regular expressions, needs to
match the entire path, so this file:^sc/.* actually works, only for
e-mail notfications and not in My Watched Changes, but at least
something.. so

Under Gerrit Settings go to Watched Projects

Project Name: core
     Only If: file:^sc/.*

or whatever module(s) or file(s) you want to watch. After having clicked
the Watch button check the appropriate boxes for the notifications you
want to receive.

Note that the documentation
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/Documentation/user-search.html under
file:^REGEX says "The entire regular expression pattern, including the
^ character, should be double quoted when using more complex
construction (like ones using a bracket expression)." Whatever "more
complex" is, I suggest to quote the expression whenever it uses not only
wildcards..

For available expressions see
http://www.brics.dk/automaton/doc/dk/brics/automaton/RegExp.html

Happy Watching

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
For key transition see http://erack.de/key-transition-2013-01-10.txt.asc
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack