[GSOC]Use Widget Layout for the Start Center Weekly Update 02

Krisztian Pinter pin.terminator at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 11:18:39 PDT 2013

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this, I tried removing the toplevel, and checking the
visibility option, but it didn't help, unfortunately.

I decided to take a different approach. I started again with the original
source files which use resource files, and changed only one button to be
dynamically allocated, so I call
mpWriterButton = new PushButton( this, STC_BUTTON_STYLE );
in the ctor of BackingWindow. The reason I tried this is because .ui
buttons use pointers to buttons as well.
This causes a crash in Window::PreNotify(NotifyEvent&) when mpWriterButton
is clicked, the other buttons work fine.

When I change the button to be a .ui button, and instead of the above I
call this:
m_pUIBuilder = new VclBuilder(this, getUIRootDir(),
"modules/StartModule/ui/startcenter.ui", "StartCenter");
get( mpWriterButton,    "writer");
it's not drawn, but it actually works; I can select it using the arrow
keys, and when I press enter Writer starts. Since I left the manual
formatting code for the buttons intact for now, I'd expect that to properly
size and position this button, but it doesn't.