Firebird on Windows / cygwin+msvc

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Sun Jul 7 02:55:44 PDT 2013

On 06/07/13 21:13, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> On 5 July 2013 15:47, Andrzej J. R. Hunt <andrzej at ahunt.org> wrote:
>> C:/cygwin/home/andy/libo/solenv/gbuild/Package.mk:35: ***
>> gb_Deliver_deliver: file does not exist in solver, and cannot be
>> delivered:
>> C:/cygwin/home/andy/libo/solver/wntmsci14.pro/lib/ifbembed.lib.  Stop.
>>
>> The appropriate lines in ExternalPackage_Firebird.mk are:
>>
>> ifeq ($(OS)$(COM),WNTMSC)
>> $(eval $(call
>> gb_ExternalPackage_add_file,firebird,ifbembed.dll,gen/firebird/bin/ifbembed.dll))
>> $(eval $(call
>> gb_ExternalPackage_add_file,firebird,ifbembed.lib,gen/firebird/bin/ifbembed.lib))
> So - where does the file end up ?
> You need
> ..._add_file,firebird,lib/ifbembed.lib,...
> ..._add_file,firebird,bin/ifbembed.dll,...
> I think.
I never realised that dll's have to go in bin/ which seems to have
caused the problem. I was also using $(eval $(call
gb_ExternalPackage_set_outdir,firebird,$(INSTDIR))) which I see won't
work with the above. Things now work!

I'm somewhat unsure of what I should be doing in scp now: I was
previously using firebird.filelist (generated from the the stuff in
ExternalPackage_* as far as I can tell) since that seems more elegant
than listing individual files -- is that the correct way to do things
(at the moment I only need libfbembed, but it's probable that further
files could need installing too in future)? (In the case above I had to
use gid_Dir_Brand_Root instead of gid_Brand_Dir_Program to get things
installed with the new paths.)

(Firebird on windows now crashes, I'll need to get a debug build ready
to find the reason, but it seems to be something to do with the sdbc
driver, the library is found without issues.)

Thanks,

    Andrzej