GSOC weekly report [ Code completition in Basic IDE ]

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Mon Jul 8 05:48:35 PDT 2013

On 07/07/13 18:57, Gergő Mocsi wrote:
> Hi all,
> this week I've managed to fix the ListBox( CodeCompleteListBox)
> appearance.
cool, look forward to seeing the new version
> There is a function which updates the window, and it's called when the
> user pressed the dot(and triggers the reflection). Next, I wrote a
> simple solution for the nested reflection, however it should be done
> with parsing (like the SbiTokenizer class, but I can't include it,
> beacuse it is an internal header).
hmm, I hoped this would have been easily achieved, but I guess I will
understand more your problem when I get to look at the code
> Also, I disabled code generation for code completition: is is done
> with a simple bool value, not with a handler, like I did it for
> suppressing erros for it.
well as you have seen the parsing/code generation are all tied up
together, there is no handler that can be used, short of redesigning the
basic compiler/parser engine. Of course another alternative ( that you
already mentioned ) would be to just use a custom lighweight parser, of
course I would like to avoid having essentially another parser to
maintain ( and that would need to be kept in sync with the 'real' basic
parser ) I think we will have to live with the current situation.

Noel