[GSoC] Impress Remote Protocol

Siqi Liu me at siqi.fr
Sat Jul 13 08:20:20 PDT 2013

Hello Artur,

No worry about that ^^ I was just thinking of implementing them so that I
can see my pointer actually flying on the big  screen :-P. However, do let
me know the what protocol you will adopt for this functionality and post it
on your wiki page so that I can make the client conform to your design. (x,
y in percentage relative to the width and height of the screen? And we take
the left upper corner as the origin (0,0)? )

Otherwise, here are several functionalities that I'm looking to implement:
1. The pointer feature support
2. Is it possible to send to client some basic informations like the
current presentation filename, author, etc before the users hit "start
presentation"? Since (as Michael Meeks pointed out) it's much harder to
send previews before the beginning of the presentation, this would be a
great alternative solution.

I will leave the protocol improvements to you then, but do send me a
message over IRC or by email should you need someone to work on that with
you. I will keep you updated should I need some further server-end
features.

ATB and happy coding!

Cheers,
Siqi

--
--------

Cordialement,
Siqi LIU

Étudiant Ingérieur, Université de Technologie de Compiègne
Vice-Président de l'association robotique UTCoupe
Responsable d'atelier de ClubChine

------
  Tel. +33 7 61 16 95 83
  email: me at siqi.fr