Building LO 4.0.4.2 on illumos based OS

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jul 15 01:15:18 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-07-15 at 09:44 +0200, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> I was wandering why Motif libraries are needed by these extension. Is
> it absolutely necessary?

	I'm amazed to hear that we link to motif in the modern world; it seems
to be only this extension:

>          $W/CxxObject/extensions/source/plugin/unx/npwrap.o
>         $W/CxxObject/extensions/source/plugin/unx/npnapi.o

	I'd disable this I guess in configure.ac we have:

dnl Check for NPAPI interface to plug browser plugins into LibreOffice
documents

	I imagine we should just disable that for Solaris [ for now ].

	Quite why we think Mozilla requires motif still I'm not sure I'd be
amazed if they still had a hard dep on that.

	HTH,

		Michael.