Central configuration management system

Niklas Johansson sleeping.pillow at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 05:08:28 PDT 2013

Hello Farago

Personally I would love to see a good central configuration tool.

Farago Janos skrev 2013-07-12 09:28:

> I found a presentation about configuration management from 2010[1], but
> examples there did not work for me, e.g. I manually edited main.xcd and
> set oor:finalized="true" for some settings, but they remained modifiable
> by the user. Is this a known bug?
Just a short comment on this. When you set oor:finalized="true" the user
can still
change the value in the GUI but it has no effect. For example if I
finalize the macro
security setting the user can still change it under Tools > Options >
Security >
Macro Security. But if the user closes the Options dialog and opens it
again the
change is gone. Note that you must close the Options dialog completely
to see
the change revert to the finalized state.

Regards,
Niklas Johansson