New version of Spanish dictionaries

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 03:03:46 PDT 2013

Hi Ricardo,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Ricardo Palomares Martínez
<rpmdisguise-nave at yahoo.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Ricardo Palomares and I'm part of the currently active team
> of RLA-ES [1], the project to maintain a free spelling dictionary of
> Spanish in different variants. It's has been a long time since our
> last release 0.6, in April 2012 [2].
>
> We have the new 0.7 version available for downloading [3] and we were
> told around a year ago that we should email to these addresses in
> order to get LibreOffice Spanish builds to ship the dictionaries. I
> hope our information is still good. :-)

I'll push your update to LibreOffice repo, but there is a problem. The
character encoding of th_es_ES_v2.dat is corrupted, it is not
ISO-8859-1 as the header states, nor it is UTF-8. For example:
al㠼1
-|Dios|Todopoderoso|Jehová|Altísimo

The problem is that first byte of UTF-8 sequence is changed from 'Ă'
to 'ă' at many places. Maybe I can fix this, maybe not, but it would
be better, if you fixed it, and release 0.7.1 version.

Best regards,
Andras