LO 4.1.0 : debian desktop integration package

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Jul 18 23:42:04 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 07:23:27AM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> Le 19/07/2013 03:29, Lionel Elie Mamane a écrit :

>> All packages in the TDF bundles (downloaded from www.libreoffice.org)
>> have "libreoffice4.1" or "libobasis4.1" in their name. AFAIK Ubuntu
>> does not contain any package with the name (because the TDF packages
>> contain the version in their name, but the Ubuntu packages don't). So
>> I fail to see how it wants to "update" a package from the TDF bundle.

> It seems that the package name is not enough. If I understand well, it
> is the bug fdo#67041

Aha, precisely. fdo#67041 is that one of the packages is called
"libreoffice" instead of "libreoffice4.1-debian-menus". And Ubuntu has
a "libreoffice" package, with a higher version number (because of the
epoch, that is the "1:" in front), so that package gets
"upgraded". Since the Ubuntu package is a metapackage for ~all of
LibreOffice, the whole Ubuntu-packaged LibreOffice gets installed :)

The TDF one disappears from the menus, but should otherwise be
unharmed.

That's pretty annoying, yeah. It can be worked around by putting the
misnamed "libreoffice" on hold in the package manager.

However, there is worse coming. Someone that has installed this buggy
4.1.0.3 will not get a complete fix when upgrading to LO 4.1.1 :-(
unless he/she uninstalls the misnamed "libreoffice" package.
Actually, the new (now correctly named) libreoffice4.1-debian-menus
package will fail to install because of file conflict with the
still-installed misnamed libreoffice.

We should add something like:

 Replaces: libreoffice (= 4.1.0-)

to the new libreoffice4.1-debian-menus package. Hmm... I should test
that... Petr, how do I actually build those .debs? "make sysui"? Nope,
that does not work and "make help" is not helpful. My config_host.mk
has "export PKGFORMAT=native" and I'm on Debian, so it should do
something. And "make CustomTarget_deb" answers:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `CustomTarget_deb'.  Stop.

--
Lionel