Gui or ux libraries used

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 21 15:11:13 PDT 2013

Hi Abhhimanyu, *,

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM, abhimanyu shegokar
<abhimanyu.shegokar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone help me listing gui and/or ux libraries used to build/install
> libreoffice?

Not sure what you mean with gui/ux libraries here.
You can build libreoffice without much system-dependencies, so the
installation is more or less self-contained and doesn't have external
dependencies.

To build libreoffice, you can install dependencies to any prefix you
like, provided that you then add the path with the pkg-info data to
the corresponding environment variable (PKG_CONFIG_PATH or pass the
flags manually to override/skip pkg-config detection so configure can
find them

As for gui libraries, libreoffice can integrate with gtk and/or
kde-theming and file-dialogs, but that is optional. If they are not
available, LO will default to its own colors/its own look/use its own
dialogs. But I'd consider gtk or kde devel packages "general
dependencies" that your mentor could install, so maybe I'm missing
your point.

> I want to have all the install dependencies related to ux in
> /home folder since i don't have sudo permission at my college. Other general
> dependencies can be resolved by asking my mentor to install them.

Again not sure what you mean with ux related dependencies. Maybe you
mean glade to edit the UI files? That is not needed to build, only if
you want to modify the dialogs, but the above notice applies as well -
just build glade with --prefix=/your/home/some/dir.

HTH
ciao
Christian