Comment on patch "Remove old outdated gallery images and sounds"

Samuel Mehrbrodt s.mehrbrodt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 10:05:27 PDT 2013

Hi Regina,

thanks for your comments.

Concerning 1) and 2): I could not verify that. I just tried inserting an
image from the Gallery and saved the file, and it was embedded. Can you
explain how you did that?

3) Sure, some might have done that. But I guess they are very few. We
could then keep the images there forever.

4) You are right, they should not be removed as long as they are
accessible. I would suggest to remove the whole "Image bullets"
functionality. I don't see any use for them, they look so outdated.

5) Do we need sounds? As far as I know they have been accessible in the
Slide transition dialog (Impress). But who uses sounds for Slide
transitions nowadays?

6) How do you access these images? In which documentation? They are not
listed in the Gallery afaik.

Regards,
Samuel