Comment on patch "Remove old outdated gallery images and sounds"

Samuel Mehrbrodt s.mehrbrodt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 13:34:10 PDT 2013

Hi,

Am 22.07.2013 22:07, schrieb Regina Henschel:
> (1) Start a new HTML document by File > New > HTML document.
> Open Gallery, theme Backgrounds.
> Right click a image, you get the items 'Insert' and 'Preview'.
> Click 'Insert'. You get the items 'Copy' 'Link' and 'Background'
> Click 'Background' and then 'Page'.
>
> It is not possible to embed pictures in HTML (unless you transform to
> base64), therefore they are always linked. This link is not listed in
> Edit > Links, but you will see the source in Format > Page > Background.

Thanks for the explanation.
This sounds more like a bug to me, the image is linked to the user's
gallery folder. This would not even work across operating systems. I'll
create a bug report for that.

For the other issues, let's see what the UX people say. I wrote a mail
to the ux-advise list.

Thanks
Samuel