[libreoffice-website] Re: Web Administration

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Mon Jul 29 04:17:12 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 01:08:28PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Backports has 4.0.3 because there's no sense to jump on every version which
> still needs to be tested to be exposed to stable users. And 3.5, yeah, it sucks
> but 3.6 was't ready by the time wheezy was frozen...

Besides that, I uploaded dthe 4.0.x backport quickly after 4.0.x was in
unstable. (factually breaking the rules, but LO has a exception for important
updates. 3.5-Y>4.0 is so). Otherwise the policy is "take from testing".
4.1 will follow when it's tested in unstable...

Should I tell you what hinders in from entering testing now?

$ grep-excuses libreoffice
libreoffice (1:4.0.3-3 to 1:4.1.0-2)
    Maintainer: Debian LibreOffice Maintainers
    Too young, only 1 of 10 days old
[ missing builds on armel, armhd, kfreebsd-i386, kfreebsd-amd64 ]
[ RC bug which is fixed ]
    Not considered
    Depends: libreoffice kde-runtime (not considered)
    Depends: libreoffice liborcus (not considered)
    Depends: libreoffice mdds (not considered)
    Depends: libreoffice python3-defaults (not considered)

Thus it's blocked by
 a) being too young
 b) by the KDE people adding a stricter depends and that one's blocked due to
    a bug
 c) new dependencies LO 4.1 has.
 d) python3-defaults because python3.3-uno was just a workaround and now
    it's back to sane packaging, but with the caveat that it needs the
    new default pyton (python 3.3 IS needed, even upstream)

Please tell me how I should have speeded this up? There's no way out of the
waiting time and no, I am not going to use internal libraries.

Regards,

Rene