[libreoffice-website] Re: Web Administration

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 04:37:34 PDT 2013

Obviously I've unnecessarily and unintentionally stirred up a shitstorm for
which I apologize.

It's not specifically Debian, some Debian-based distributions can also take
their time filtering packages through from debian. For example, LMDE hasn't
released a new update pack since March and is starting to fall behind. In
that case, simply adding the repo to sources would be preferable to waiting
for LMDE to catch up or manually uninstalling and installing debs on 50+
machines (or setting LMDE to track debian testing which has only ever
broken the system in my tests).

It was also my understanding that official TDF .debs were compatible with
Debian, Ubuntu and derivative distributions. Again, feel free to correct me
if I'm wrong.

--
*Andrew Cassidy BSc (Hons) MBCS SSCA*
Managing Director