Dropping support for Visual Studio 2008 in master branch

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 04:33:07 PDT 2013

Hi Mat,

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Mat M <matm at gmx.fr> wrote:
> I tried on VS2010 and it worked. just had another issue related to msvcrt
> merge module which does not come with it but seems mandatory to LO for the
> msi.

Yes, it is mandatory now, but it does not have to be. Clean Windows
installation does not contain VC Runtime DLLs, althoug many users have
them from other sources. But when someone installs LibreOffice on a
clean Windows it will not start without VC Runtime DLLs, therefore we
bundle them. I think your problem is that Express version does not
ship the merge modules. Please submit a patch, that detects Express,
and does not look for merge modules. The MSI will work without them,
but consumers of that MSI must have VC Runtime DLLs installed from
other sources.

Best regards,
Andras