Dropping support for Visual Studio 2008 in master branch

Mat M matm at gmx.fr
Wed Jun 5 17:53:37 PDT 2013

Le Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:33:07 +0200, Andras Timar <timar74 at gmail.com> a
écrit:

> Hi Mat,
>
> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Mat M <matm at gmx.fr> wrote:
>> I tried on VS2010 and it worked. just had another issue related to
>> msvcrt
>> merge module which does not come with it but seems mandatory to LO for
>> the
>> msi.
>
> Yes, it is mandatory now, but it does not have to be. Clean Windows
> installation does not contain VC Runtime DLLs, althoug many users have
> them from other sources. But when someone installs LibreOffice on a
> clean Windows it will not start without VC Runtime DLLs, therefore we
> bundle them. I think your problem is that Express version does not
> ship the merge modules. Please submit a patch, that detects Express,
> and does not look for merge modules. The MSI will work without them,
> but consumers of that MSI must have VC Runtime DLLs installed from
> other sources.
>
> Best regards,
> Andras

Hello,

Job is almost done.
But for this to go, I needed to transform the error in configure to a
warning (message for lack of msm)
So the question is : how can I detect the release build and die graciously
if merge module not found ?
Or do I add a check in configure for VS * Express, and in this case go on,
else die ?

Regards
--
Mat M