LO /  Firebird DB Integration

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jun 7 08:05:00 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 17:43 +0300, Andres Gomez wrote:
> I think this is a safer path and migrating to native C++ and FB3 once it
> is stable shouldn't be hard in the future.

	Right - ultimately the SDBC API is a C++ wrapper API, and piling up a
number of these around each other is something we can avoid if we got
this way (I hope) - particularly if a chunk of the work is already
done :-)

> I started doing it for Linux as an external dependency. I also started
> walking the path to add FB as a bundled library inside LibO, but this is
> far from being completed.

	Right; I wonder if we can make it compile with 2.5 and 3.0, IIRC the
embedding behaviour of 3.0 is significantly better.

> Javier is the one leading the development effort of the SDBC driver. I
> think he was saying that he could now split tasks to be done regarding
> this.

	Great; when you do plan to start work Andrzej ? there is no doubt
plenty of fun to be had, and that's before the HSQLDB migration piece
gets underway. [ oh, and the unit test creation ;-) ]

	ATB !

		Michael.