[GSOC weekly update] iOS remote control

Siqi Liu me at siqi.fr
Tue Jun 11 07:59:59 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

It seems that we can simply use plist to get the decoding done...and since
we don't need encoding on the remote end, the problem was solved with this
one-liner:

[NSPropertyListSerialization propertyListWithData:[plist dataUsingEncoding:
NSASCIIStringEncoding] options:0 format:NULL error:NULL];

Not sure if that's really safe to use but I've just done some tests and it
works pretty well. If anyone of you have used this method please let me
know. For now I've wrapped that into NSData as a category.

Will post a screenshot on my blog shortly. Now once server-end starts the
slides show, we got a preview image and lecturer's notes on the remote end
:P

Cheers!

Siqi

--