scp2 - modules (and fdo#60924)

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Jun 12 00:24:50 PDT 2013

> Yes, we do. They are used to create the module tree in the installer,
> where you can choose which parts should be installed and which should
> not.

*Personally* I think having such choice is not really necessary. It's an
artefact from times when disks were at least one order of magnitude smaller.

There are no such optional sub-features in the Mac install, and nobody is
complaining.

We should make things simpler and easier and remove pointless dimensions
from the choice space.

But yeah, I can imagine the shouting from the usual suspects if we would
drop the feature selection stuff from the Windows installer... "I NEED to
be able to unselect this and that feature, that saves MEGABYTES of disk
space!!!"

--tml