scp2 - modules (and fdo#60924)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Jun 12 01:42:25 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:24:50AM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> But yeah, I can imagine the shouting from the usual suspects if we would
> drop the feature selection stuff from the Windows installer... "I NEED to
> be able to unselect this and that feature, that saves MEGABYTES of disk
> space!!!"

... which would be bogus, of course. OTOH ther might be some enterprise
deployment(tm) usecases along the lines of "we need to make sure users can
newer use feature foo, and not installing it was a good way". While this likely
suggests the policy of that enterprise to be not the brightest, that is out of
our control.

But in general, I agree: There should be one product (not fragmentation) -- its
LibreOffice.

Best,

Bjoern