Help in git status vs git commit

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Wed Jun 12 07:40:42 PDT 2013

Hi

I made some changes in a branch "drp" and issued a "git status" command
that returned me this:

- ------------------------%<----------------------
# Mudanças a serem submetidas:
#   (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
#
#       deletado: sw/source/ui/chrdlg/drpcps.hrc
#       novo arquivo: sw/uiconfig/swriter/ui/dropcapspage.ui
#
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add <arquivo>..." para atualizar o que será submetido)
#   (use "git checkout -- <arquivo>..." para descartar mudanças no
diretório de trabalho)
#   (commit or discard the untracked or modified content in submodules)
#
#       modificado: dictionaries (conteúdo não rastreado)
#       modificado: extras/source/glade/libreoffice-catalog.xml.in
#       modificado: sw/UIConfig_swriter.mk
#       modificado: sw/source/ui/chrdlg/drpcps.cxx
#       modificado: sw/source/ui/chrdlg/drpcps.src
#       modificado: sw/source/ui/inc/drpcps.hxx
- ------------------------%<----------------------

But when I issue "git commit -a" I get the following:

- ------------------------%<----------------------
# Mudanças a serem submetidas:
#   (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
#
#       modificado: extras/source/glade/libreoffice-catalog.xml.in
#       modificado: sw/UIConfig_swriter.mk
#       modificado: sw/source/ui/chrdlg/drpcps.cxx
#       renomeado: sw/source/ui/chrdlg/drpcps.hrc ->
sw/source/ui/chrdlg/drpcps.src
#       modificado: sw/source/ui/inc/drpcps.hxx
#       novo arquivo: sw/uiconfig/swriter/ui/dropcapspage.ui

I just want to be sure that "renomeado"(AKA renamed) is correct there,
because I "git rm  drpcps.hrc" and it says I am renaming it...

If not, what am I supposed to do to fix it?

Thanks
- --
Olivier Hallot
+55-21-8822-8812