Help in git status vs git commit

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Jun 12 07:57:28 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:40:42AM -0300, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> I just want to be sure that "renomeado"(AKA renamed) is correct there,
> because I "git rm  drpcps.hrc" and it says I am renaming it...
>
> If not, what am I supposed to do to fix it?

Git does not have the concept of renaming files ('git mv' is actually
just a shortcut for 'git rm' and 'git add'), renames are detected based
on file contents and false positive or false negatives are not uncommon.

So just ignore it (if you really really want to avoid the "rename", you
will have to delete the file in one commit and add the new in another
one).

Regards,
Khaled